Vancouver, BC, Canada
Software Architect, Game Development Applications Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to the Director of Game Development Application Services, this is a technical leadership role that offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level solutions to support the Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s game development teams. You will create solution architectures to incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will lead small agile teams to architect applications to support thousands of users.
- As part of the product team, you will be a top-level contributor, creating the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Be hands-on leading the team from the front, and a mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- You will lead code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
- Take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers
Job qualifications and requirements
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions
- 7+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData)
- 7+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 5+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with development methodologies including Agile
- Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code
- Work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.