Technical Security Analyst
About the role
As a Technical Security Analyst on the Trust Assurance Operations team, you'll be a part of a highly adaptable group of folks who dig deep into our systems and processes.
You will collaborate with Engineering Program Managers, Project Managers, and members of many other teams to help protect our merchants and company while supporting Shopify's rapid pace of development. You will be an essential member of our group of security professionals and a key player in operating and refining security compliance processes and procedures that support Shopify’s programs, platforms and products.
Specifically, you will be developing, performing and improving technical security controls that are foundational components of Shopify’s compliance programs.
The role will provide an opportunity to:
- interact with other technical security analysts, engineering program managers, project managers and other Shopify resources to plan, implement and conduct operational security controls related to Shopify’s compliance programs.
- automate and improve security compliance processes and tasks across the scope of all the compliance programs.
- provide operational security guidance and advice to ensure programs are running effectively, efficiently and without gaps.
- supply subject matter expertise and audit evidence as required during regular audit cycles.
- collaborate with cross functional teams on assessments, implementations and use of new tools and workflows.
It would be great if you had experience in one or more of the following (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- an understanding of information security fundamentals, privacy and compliance standards.
- an understanding of cloud technologies, containerized environments and infrastructure as code.
- experience working with compliance teams or auditors and familiarity with compliance programs such as SOC, PCI, SOX, etc.
- experience building or maintaining controls and security safeguards for frameworks such as SOC, PCI, SOX, etc.
- experience using automation to simplify security and IT practices.
- an understanding of DevOps and Continuous Integration practices and technologies.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across Americas where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The SaaSy entrepreneurship company.