Software Engineer in Test II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As part of the EAX Quality Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work with modern web technologies, while supporting the development team in its effort to release world-class features for EA’s Player Network programs.
You will be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. You will be writing reliable and high-quality automation scripts that developers rely on every day for the Continuous Deployment / Delivery of features that will be seen by millions of players worldwide.
In your day-to-day activities, you will work with an agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while identifying and filling gaps in test coverage, contributing to your team’s suite of automated tests, working with developers to identify feature changes and new scope, and helping plan priorities and tactics for test execution.
You will report to the EAX QV Engineering manager and working closely with the Software Development Manager on the Client Application team.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and RESTful web services
- Experience with automated testing for modern web apps and services (using Selenium, Appium, and related tools)
- Excellent debugging and RCA skills
- Strong QA mindset to understand how to approach testing and identify what to test
- Experience working with agile teams with a passion for software testing
- Experience with common development tools such as:
- Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA
Good to have
- Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
- Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, SSL a plus
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment pipelines
- Experience with mentoring more junior team members
- Mobile QA experience would be a definite plus
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Experience in monitoring of data-structures to optimize performance.
- Data analysis using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology.
Software Test Automation
- Take part in all aspects of the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
- Advocate for quality at all times and keep the development team accountable.
- Ensure that developers are producing testable code / features through collaboration.
- Develop tools and systems in support of testing or development.
- Maintain Automation Strategy documents with direction from Technical Leads
- Execute the Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality.
- Test your own work and provide reliable, defect-free automation scripts that instills confidence in the automation suite.
- Help set the technical direction for the team and encourage productivity improvements to our engineering workflows.
Customer Relationship Management
- Write and present our plans by delivering the right message to the partners.
- Continuous, front-line communication with all of our customers on our goals and strategy.
- Ability to negotiate with end-users on feature scope, priorities, deliverables, and timeline.
- Advise customers on solutions.
- Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and goals.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.