Technology Internal Audit Associate
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Take a risk-based approach in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of technology internal controls in accordance with our audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework. • Execute audit assignments with the emphasis on the IT business, draft audit issues for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues; • Research industry and internal resources to propose and develop new testing methodologies for emerging technology risks; • Leverage data and audit analytics tools against a wide scope of data sets to expand testing capabilities, coverage and the accuracy of testing results. • Utilize internal audit best practice tools and processes to evaluate Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and enterprise standards in the location; • Completing all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations; • Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, and identify alternative controls; • Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business, and respective support areas and working in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally; • Effectively communicate the results of audit work; • Capable of operating in a fast pace, diverse and matrixed environment while managing multiple assignments; • Detail oriented and capable of clearly and concisely documenting work papers, issue statements, and audit reports. Developing and maintaining broad risk & controls experience; • Keeping current on business/industry changes and their effect on the business, audit plan/approach and risk assessments.
- 2 - 5 years of technology audit experience with exposure to financial services, banking industry, e-commerce or a Big 4 environment preferred
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment
- Able to understand technology risk and control concepts
- Analytical & problem solving skills, with experience in data analytics a plus.
- IT audit experience a plus
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred
- Ability to travel – up to 25%
- CPA, CISA, CIA or CISSP preferred
- Innovative mindset and ability to develop ideas seeking ways to add value to the Global Audit team and the business
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.