Senior Analyst, M&A Finance
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
The M&A Finance team is part of the core cross-functional team that supports PayPal’s M&A activity led by Corporate Development. The M&A Finance team is primarily responsible for financial due diligence and analysis for all acquisitions and minority investments, as well as coordination of integration activities performed by other M&A Finance workstreams including Tax, Treasury, Business Unit Finance, and Finance Systems.
The M&A, Sr. Financial Analyst role within this team is responsible for driving and managing acquisition budget activities as it relates to all components of deal financial metrics across the integration lifecycle. This role is a high visibility role that requires the ability to partner with cross-functional PayPal integration teams to apply fiscal analysis to identify trends in spend, develop recommendations on budget and forecast, and aide in decision making.
An ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills, qualities, and experience:
- Proactively manage key stakeholders to escalate potential risks/issues of cross-functional relevance; assist in developing mitigation strategies and support their implementation
- On a monthly budget cycle, work with Corporate Development, Corporate FP&A and other business partners to submit actual results and update to forecast
- Maintain knowledge of CapEx/OpEx policy to ensure compliance
- Support alignment of budget accountability through an understanding of the PayPal environment and budget process optimization
- Partner with Corporate FP&A and controllership to integrate non-standard processes from acquisitions
- Be a key resource to acquiree’s finance organization to drive financial integration processes, training, and development
- Develop scalable and repeatable processes with focus on data consolidation and continuous improvement
- Bachelor of Accounting, Finance, or Business degree, or related curriculum
- Strong fiscal analysis experience demonstrating both an understanding of budgets as well as process to support business decisions
- Ability to facilitate dialogue with the various stakeholders to understand their needs and drive teams to develop solutions to exceed our customer needs
- Demonstrate understanding of sourcing, procurement and invoicing practices
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with matrix reporting structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Experience in a global environment, supporting activities in a wide variety of international locations is a plus
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.