Accountant, Transaction Margin
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo, Xoom and Honey enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Transaction Margin (“TM”) Accounting team plays a pivotal role in supporting PayPal’s activity, ensuring that we can consolidate and ultimately integrate our business units in an efficient, well controlled manner. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join PayPal’s TM Team. In this position, you will be responsible for the day-to-day corporate accounting operations and financial reporting activities, focusing primarily on Transaction Loss activities. This role requires an understanding of US GAAP principles, accounting operations, regulatory reporting and internal controls.
Duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- Monitor, analyze and review worldwide Transaction Loss activities for PayPal and its subsidiaries to ensure reported results are complete and accurate
- Prepare and/or review reporting packages and presentation that include financial statement results fluctuation analysis that will be distributed to members of Senior Management
- Maintain and update accounting policies, process documentation, and procedures related to Transaction Loss, as needed
- Support internal (SoX) and external audit process by preparing and providing PBCs on a timely basis
- Work with Data and Business Applications team to develop and implement enhanced transaction loss reporting across business units.
- Act as a representative of the TM Team and proactively engage with a cross-functional stakeholder team for global reporting across key stakeholders within Finance (PMO teams, Accounting Policy, Tax, Corporate Controllership, Financial Operations, International Controllership, Finance Systems Team, etc.)
- Design business and accounting processes to improve/strengthen internal controls, analytics and reporting.
- Drive process, control and reporting alignment across all PayPal business units to ensure consistent reporting, analysis and insights.
- Support new product implementations from an accounting and control perspective
- Support the Finance team in a variety of ad hoc projects and tasks
An ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills/experience:
- At least 5 years of accounting experience/Big 4 experience and CPA a plus
- Thrives in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Accustomed to working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to and multi-ask
- Detail oriented, customer-focused, and have a reputation for getting things done
- Comfortable working with diverse teams in multiple locations
- SAP General Ledger system knowledge and expertise in Excel and PowerPoint an advantage
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.