Sr. Dir., Global Indirect Taxes & Tech
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
PayPal Corporate Tax has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director, Tax – Global Indirect Taxes and Technology. This executive level position reports to the VP, Tax and will lead PayPal’s global indirect tax advisory function, currently a team of seven highly experienced tax professionals. This role will also play a key role in developing and implementing best practices and technology solutions for PayPal’s global indirect tax compliance and reporting.
You, the ideal candidate, will have the personal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company in a rapidly evolving marketplace. You will have a hands-on and entrepreneurial style – one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing your functional responsibility, and who seeks to develop like-minded future leaders with similar capabilities. You are a strategic thinker, able to define and develop a clear picture of future direction and objectives for the function and develop a comprehensive implementation plan.
This role is hands on – you will be expected proactively identify needs, risks, and opportunities to bring additional value to PayPal. You will become a trusted advisor to PayPal’s senior management and be responsible for maintaining close links to the business and developing strong client relationships with internal partners. You must be a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple completing priorities and deadlines.
This is a highly visible position with direct contact with PayPal senior management and business leaders.
- Drive global indirect tax planning and strategy as it relates to new products, new market entry, legal entity structure, commercial and vendor contracts, and corporate initiatives including mergers and acquisitions.
- Lead all aspects of global indirect tax controversy to drive efficient and timely audit resolution. Provide strategic insight into indirect tax audit approach and process.
- Monitor global legislative and regulatory changes; assess and advise management on tax impacts and practical mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement best practices and technology solutions for PayPal’s global indirect tax compliance and reporting obligations. Work across multiple stakeholder groups to drive operational excellence across core activities.
- Mentor and develop staff in multiple locations. Recruit and build team as the company continues to grow.
- 15-20 years of relevant experience preferred. Corporate tax department experience with a large multinational company required. Experience in financial services, technology and/or marketplace industries strongly preferred.
- Experience in acquisition and integration planning strongly preferred
- Experience with developing tax compliance centers of excellence, invoicing solutions strongly preferred
- Self-motivated with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with team members
- Critical thinker, with the ability to work across regions and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex tax issues to non-tax audiences
- Experience with Avalara and Thomson Reuter’s One Source
- Proficiency with MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- A good sense of humor
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, JD, MBA or MA in Business or Finance preferred
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.