Business Risk And Control Lead
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
The Business Control Lead (“BCL”) is responsible for helping the Product/Business owner manage the risk that they own over the product/business. The BCL manages and executes risk processes that (will) exist in the first line, such as risk identification, risk assessment, risk and control evaluation, management and resolution of issues and incidents, Annual Risk and Compliance Plan (“ARCP”) output, and risk reporting for products, functions, and jurisdictions (as applicable). This role is also responsible for managing product/business-specific risk forums, and interfacing with the Second Line of Defense to understand and apply risk frameworks and protocols.
- Responsible for the execution of risk management activities within each their Operational Unit and coordinating with the Business Control Services Center (“BCSC”) for additional execution support.
- Perform and refresh risk assessment including risk identification, documentation, rating & control evaluation
- Create and maintain risk and control inventories including: Capabilities, Products, Processes, Legal Entity, Risks, and Controls
- Manage the annual control testing program and execution through the BCSC
- Drive execution of issue, incident, complaint, and ARCP remediation
- Accountable for ensuring adequate Business Continuity Plans
- Identify product changes with associated control impacts and ensure appropriate implementation through the Product Development Lifecycle
- Maintenance of GRC data for areas of responsibility
- Responding to Internal and External Audit and Testing Engagements (eg. SLOD reviews, Internal Audits, Regulatory Examinations)
- Management and execution of risk programs for functional areas
- Support business needs surrounding documentation (eg. Desktop procedures)
- Review and derive insights from key risk metrics for their business area, interpreting the data provided through dashboards and reporting (such as reg exams, complaints, incidents, etc.) from centralized teams.
- Provide assertions on risk exposure and articulate and present escalated risks to management.
- Maintain strong understanding of key risk management principles and PayPal products and services within area of responsibility.
- Represent business line in first line risk forums.
- 5 years of Audit, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory, banking or similar experience
- Experience in managing risks, controls, and/or compliance obligations, preferably in the financial industry including managing or supporting the following:
- The identification, assessment, control, and response to risks;
- Execution of risk response plans, including the development, prioritization, and communication of;
- Driving adherence to risk and compliance policies and procedures;
- Monitoring key risks and identifying emerging risks; and
- Navigating within a three lines of defense model to address risk matters.
- Experience in control and/or process design
- Track record of driving action to support business results
- Possess the credibility and reputation to achieve effective working relationships with senior executives across the organized and in a matrixed organization
- Ability to provide risk expertise through a practical, business lens
- Ability to understand the nuance and risk interaction between product, jurisdiction, and function
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Demonstrates a natural curiosity to understand root cause
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Demonstrates strong and effective collaboration skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization’s strategic direction and objectives in order to articulate and embed the role of risk in enabling strategy
- Deep, established credibility with the business to understand and communicate risks generated and impacting the business
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.