MTS1, Network Systems Admin
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Seeking an experienced Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join the Site Reliability Engineering organization with a focus on core global network infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have expert level knowledge with the build and support of global network infrastructure along with the ability to monitor and drive efficiency with all aspects involved in the environment. A strong understanding of web protocols, load balancers and networking fundamentals along with the ability to automate infrastructure is ideal. The ability to solve complex problems, adjust to dynamic demands and share knowledge with teammates is critical for this role.
- Expert level experience in LTM/GTM and AVI Vantage Load Balancers is required.
- Experience with BGP, ECMP, VRF, Cisco & Arista products is preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience supporting enterprise infrastructure required.
- Working experience in multi-cloud environments is preferred, (AWS/GCP/Azure.)
- Solid understanding and expertise of Linux operating system is required, scripting knowledge on bash and irule is a plus.
- Experience in managing DNS at enterprise scale is a plus.
- Experience with CDN edge cloud providers a plus.
- Experience in automating infrastructure deployment and lifecycle is a plus.
- Expertise in Ansible, Terraform is valuable.
- Self-directed work style with minimum supervision.
- Provide on-call rotation support.
- Ability to co-ordinate with a global team in different time zones.
- Strong technical/analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels. Ability to create simple procedural documents.
- Good team player, self-starter, goal oriented, open minded, flexible and customer focused.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.