Sr. Data Analyst, Metadata
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies
The Senior Data Analyst, Metadata requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, deep understanding of data management products, analytics, and technology. The ideal candidate is comfortable with enterprise data management and can complete high priority, complex tasks on schedule/under budget with little to no guidance. In this role, you are a team player who can drive forward the team day-to-day deliverables of adding new content while also maintaining a vision of sustainability and scale to grow user adoption of the PayPal Enterprise Metadata Management solution. This selfless leader will invest in internal and external customer’s successful experience with PayPal’s Metadata, Data Quality, and Governance Management capabilities and guide the overall team through their strong architectural and project management skillsets. The candidate is completely comfortable aligning strategies and objectives across a diverse global organization.
- Day to Day Matrix Oversight of Requirements and Development: Partner closely with our internal team to help guide and deliver on-time, under budget deliverables surrounding the following categories
- Requirements Gathering: Guide our analysts and Data Governance stakeholders to document, refine, and package business and technical requirements needed for upgrades/enhancements to our Enterprise Metadata Catalog
- Metadata Management System Configuration: Manage project plans and oversee development of our metadata management system including configuration/development, execution of unit, integration and acceptance testing to deliver scheduled releases of PayPal’s Enterprise Metadata management solution.
- Forward Looking Architect: Ability to work with our internal/external stakeholders to develop/maintain a sustainable metadata architecture model that serves today’s needs while also looking to scale in the future
- Effortless Stakeholder Management: Conduct training, outreach, and stakeholder support on Metadata Management Toolset and build relationships across the company
- Concise Communication: Excellent communicator (written and verbal) who can clearly and concisely detail requirements, status updates, project plans, and independently lead meetings accordingly
- Metadata Management Expert: Deep knowledge of Metadata Architecture and current metadata management toolsets while also looking to keep abreast of developments in the industry by learning new systems, methods and processes associated with Data Governance, Metadata, and Data Quality Management.
In doing this, a Data Analyst, Metadata may except to…
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance on specific data elements that need to be tracked to enable tracking of metrics and assess user behavior
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams, provide ongoing support to help instrument tracking elements
- Develop a strong understanding of the PayPal data infrastructure; Identify and act upon opportunities for simplicity, consistency, and re-usability of tracking code.
- Train and provide expert consultation to product management, engineering, analytics, and other teams on tracking standards, tools, and processes
- Document best practices for data tracking and maintain documentation for self-service use.
- Synthesizing large volumes of data with attention to granular details and influence business partners to drive positive change. Challenge the status quo, and drive data backed decision making.
Functional / Technical Requirements:
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of related experience in data architecture, metadata management, data quality or governance, and requirements analysis / management
- Proven hands-on experience managing project plans and deliverables in a high pace agile environment
- Exceptional analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
- Significant experience with Collibra or equivalent metadata management toolset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to a broad stroke of audiences including senior leaders, management, business, and technical teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise.
- Advanced SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau; experience with a statistical programming language like R or Python preferred
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- An innate intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to build awareness of current payments industry and data management and governance best practices.
BS degree required in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Analysis, or related field.
We are a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.