Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
PayPal HR is looking for a collaborative thought leader to join our HR Business Partner team! Reporting to the Vice President, HR Business Partner for the Chief Technology Officer, this senior position will have support the newly formed Payments Engineering organization. With an employee base that’s spread across multiple geographic locations, you will partner with the broader HR team on planning and delivering HR programs and services to the business. You will be strategically and operationally involved across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance Management and Employee Relations to drive business outcomes against the execution of our global HR and business priorities.
This senior role will partner with their business leaders to deliver business objectives and interpret what people enablers are necessary to deliver business results. Further, the role is accountable for implementing programs at scale, considering the unique needs of our internal customers and in close partnership with the Human Resources Centers of Excellence (COE’s) and site based HRBPs. This individual will also be charged with strengthening the senior leadership team of client groups by providing coaching and counsel to senior leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Develop and execute holistic workforce strategy for client group(s) - championing business outcomes and the employee experience
- Leverages analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnose organizational issues. Uses a metrics-driven approach to solutions
- Possesses an ability to synthesize information and create compelling narratives and influence senior leaders by leveraging analytics and insights
- Business acumen with ability to root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results
- Proven ability to be a trusted partner. Builds credibility by providing a strong and visible HR leadership presence with executives, people managers and employees, locally and globally
- Collaborative colleague adept at navigating complex stakeholder matrix to identify, influence and implement solutions
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing "win-win" solutions across a matrix management organization
- The ability to flourish and navigate in a rapidly changing organization and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
- Partners with business to drive and lead through organizational change and evolution
- Results driven individual who can produce outcomes
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission, and values
- Build and develop people manager and leadership team effectiveness
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth, global organizations
- Experience in a strategic HR role with executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in Workforce Planning, Organizational Design and Talent Management is desired
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
The type of HR leader that flourishes at PayPal (behaviors, motivations, the how):
- Results Focus – demonstrates HR and commercial acumen and accountability; ties all work back to overall business impact
- Strong Collaborator – who partners with stakeholders for win-win
- Change Agent – we are a dynamic company and need someone who is skilled at leading change
- Deals with Ambiguity – to take the unknown into action
- Challenges the Status Quo – and believes things can always be improved
- A believer in the “Greater Good” – one who always puts others’ needs above their own
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.