Senior Manager, Compensation BP
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Working with HR Business Partners, COEs, and Shared Services partners, this position will provide consulting support globally on various compensation related matters such as salary management, compensation programs, employee and manager education and communication, job design and evaluation, and corporate policies/procedures interpretation. Additionally, the role will be involved in analysis and impact of corporate compensation initiatives.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive support and counsel to business leaders and HR Business Partners on compensation related activities such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, international transfers, budget allocation, top talent, and retention. He or she will proactively research and analyze data (market, turnover, offer acceptance rates, etc.) to determine the competitive position and present findings and recommendations to senior business and HR leaders to ensure both internal equity and external competitiveness are maintained.
In this role, the Senior Manager, Compensation Business Partner will manage the annual rewards planning program for assigned clients to ensure the right compensation decisions are made that align to PayPal’s pay-for-performance philosophy. He or she will consult with the business on attraction and retention of top talent, governance, communications, and implementation. This role requires the ability to execute strategy and drive change within a high growth organization.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to bring thought leadership and influence in all areas of compensation.
- Support compensation planning processes and continuously prepare managers to make sound compensation decisions.
- Collaborate with the Compensation team to bring business insights to inform program changes and participate in the development and maintenance of compensation programs, systems, and tools.
- Drive consistency in compensation planning, program administration, program automation, and analytics/reporting for supported areas of the business.
- Provide the business with internal and market insights and develop compensation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Partner with the Global Talent Acquisition team to build compelling new hire offer recommendations.
- Serve as a change champion and participate in the development and enhancement of communication and training materials.
- Stay up to date on current compensation-related legislation and trends and ensure compliance with applicable statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
- Lead, participate, and contribute to various other projects and initiatives pertaining to compensation and/or overall global total reward programs and practices.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in a dynamic HR environment requiring significant expertise and experience to refine the total rewards infrastructure supporting organizational growth.
- Ability to help set strategic direction and to present to senior management
- Strong knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations
- Demonstrated expertise managing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish/maintain excellent working relationships with HR business partners, other HR teams, and leadership teams
- Demonstrates strong initiative, is self-managed, and can multi-task
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Computer Skills: Workday, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and internet savvy
- Requires occasional travel to regional locations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or related certification is preferred.
- 8+ years relevant experience is required.
- Experience in broad-based compensation design, salary and incentive plan design and administration, international compensation, equity compensation, and executive pay required.
- Experience with compensation analytics tools and utilizing benchmarking surveys to conduct compensation market analysis required.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.