At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Credit data platforms oversee implementing unique, best-of-breed data solutions using cutting-edge technologies and delivering data solutions that are highly available, scalable, and process data at a massive scale.
We seek a highly motivated and talented Senior Data Analyst to join the Credit Data Platform team. As a Data Analyst, you will work with stakeholders to define state-of-the-art, large-scale data platforms, and assets Tools.
This is a unique opportunity to join the data product team, solve complex data problems, and impact product strategy through data-driven solutions in a rapidly changing environment. If you are passionate about building data-centric products, this is your job!
The credit data platform team core charter builds best-in-class data solutions to help bring value to the Credit business. We are looking for an individual who is eager to explore new data while being proficient enough in the existing data to support the business stakeholders who are looking to leverage it in their last-mile solutions.
The role will involve understanding business requirements ability to translate & implement solutions in a scalable and consistent way using appropriate tools.
The role will be responsible for supporting global stakeholder departments, working domain leads, and data citizens across different locations such as the Americas, EMEA, and the Asia Pacific because the position requires interaction with geographically disbursed teams, so the candidate must be a self-starter with strong leadership qualities, project/task management skills, analytical skills and comfortable working with distributed teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering discipline with a solid quantitative aptitude
- Work cross-functionally and cultivate strong partnerships with business stakeholders, business leads, subject matter experts, and technical staff to gather and develop business needs in technical requirements.
- Identifying and refining current and future‐state business processes by performing deep-dive analysis of the current state and proposing future state solutions effectively using clear and precise documentation
- Motivation to understand business processes and data platforms to design/deliver scalable data solutions to support customer needs
- Good understanding of database principles and hands-on experience in advanced SQL to perform complex analysis.
- Expert knowledge of data modeling concepts; experience with data modeling and generating metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience building logical and physical data models.
- Good understanding of distributed systems (Teradata, BiqQuery), data movement, and optimizing ETL processing of vast datasets with specified SLAs.
- Knowledge of Big data environments and Cloud services (GCP) is a plus.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and provide ongoing support to help implement end-user requirements
- Ensure the consistency and quality of data solutions completed by the engineering team.
- Prior knowledge of any analytical visualization tools like Tableau and QlikView is desirable.
- Document data solutions for easy business consumption.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and skilled at adjusting communication style/vocabulary to an audience’s role/function and technical familiarity
- Basic knowledge and understanding of financial services, especially the credit systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools like Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.