Manager, Business Systems 3
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Manager, Business Systems 3 will directly support Senior Manager of Finance Technologies in the development and execution of strategic transformation programs & initiatives, architecture & design, and resource allocation. The nature of role is strategic, analytical, and highly collaborative, working with team members across world and as a liaison for Global projects.
- Lead, develop, and grow a high performance, multi-function team of talented and passionate professionals, who are results driven to take the business forward and demonstrate superior leadership in line with the PayPal values.
- Design and build scalable systems on Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and SAP HANA Ecosystems, S/4 HANA, FI/CO, lead functional and technical discussions to determine new features for those systems, and participate in coding and business process reviews
- Analyze, design, and deliver business systems software solutions based on functional and technical requirements in collaboration with PayPal’s End-User Finance Community
- Collaborate with Data Technology teams to produce business data requirements and deliver accurate and timely data in an insight-driven format
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support across multiple platforms (Unix, Python, GCP, Hadoop, SAP HANA, FI/CO, Bank Analyzer(sAFI/FPSL), Teradata, S/4HANA)
- Must have worked in Cloud environments and are familiar with object stores, and other common cloud-native data storage and processing frameworks
- Evaluate requirements, map them to business processes, create functional and solution architectures, and ensure a proper implementation.
- Architect the end-to-end functional software landscape and solution design to support the to-be business processes. Provide functional and technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, testing, documentation, and technical support across multiple electronic platforms (Oracle, Hadoop, SAP, Teradata)
- Provide direction to the implementation teams and work as intermediary across the local, near-shore and offshore teams. Balance technical production platform needs, fast feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt across a broad landscape of software and technologies
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or equivalent from a leading university and preferably with a master’s or MBA
- 9+ years of post-college working experience as a developer and architect in Engineering, or Data-Mining organization
- 5+ years of DBMS, SQL experience is required
- 3+ years of experience working on Cloud services and Cloud deployments
- 5+ year of experience working on across multiple platforms (SAP ERP, S4 Finance, GCP, Hadoop, SAP HANA Ecosystems)
- Deep understanding on the accounting standards such as IFRS, US-GAAP and localization is preferred
- Optional Experience in New Asset accounting, revenue recognition, leading and non-leading ledger concept and document splitting, controlling modules – Cost center, profit center and cost element accounting
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity; ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly.
- A great communicator, strong project management skills, and superb attention to details
- Experience leading teams in a global complex matrix organization involving multiple reporting lines
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.