Staff Full Stack Engineer
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
The PayPal Payouts Engineering team is looking for a passionate Staff Full Stack Engineer to collaborate with other strong engineers helping us build time sensitive compliance and servicing projects. You will have opportunity to understand how a Payout transaction works and how merchants across the world can disburse money through different financial instruments to their recipients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design, implement, test, and monitor services and web applications on the platform securely, reliably and at scale.
- Lead projects end-to-end - from design phase to delivery and monitoring.
- Work with product team and UX designers to build out a great solution with engineering excellence.
- Be able to identify possible risks and provide a solution for it.
- Be able to do any project sizing with very minimum guidance required.
- Provide project’s status update to leadership team
- Take ownership on critical tasks, such as performance, scalability, and live issue
- Develops, communicates, and influence the team to improve processes and best practices.
- Guide and train to mid-level developers providing good feedbacks, pair programing, and code reviews
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, evaluate and bring new technologies into PayPal, and correctly choose among competing technologies or implementations to solve problems or develop new capabilities.
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing and delivering software platforms.
- Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java
- Experience with Java tech stack such as EJB, JPA, JSF, Glassfish, Eclipselink or Hibernate
- Experience with web front end technologies client-side frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Angular
- Experience with any functional programing language
- Experience building a scalable, production-grade micro-services/API based platform.
- Experience working on legacy products and Monolith systems
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Experience with Swift and/or Kotlin programing language is a plus
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal.