Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform, Tableau
Vancouver, BC, Canada
What you’ll be doing...
Einstein Analytics, recently rebranded as Tableau CRM, is the best-in-breed analytics for the CRM market. Within the Data Platform, our team is responsible for supporting customer dataflows at scale and building the next generation dataflow service that can handle phenomenal volumes of data resiliently to support our customer's business critical processes backed by Einstein Analytics. The EA Data Platform is at the heart of enabling our customers to curate and shape their data in preparation for analysis, join us and help build the future of our backend!
- You will build out new features supporting multi billion row scale dataflows.
- Iteratively improving the reliability, performance and resiliency of our dataflow architecture using a metrics driven approach.
- Iterating rapidly on improvements with a biweekly release cycle.
- Working with a modern container-based architecture.
- Collaborating with other teams building new features on our service.
- Delivering internal tooling to improve the operational visibility of flows to help rapidly diagnose and proactively catch production issues.
- Keeping a customer success focused mindset in addressing production issues.
- Work on owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical infrastructure services including, monitoring, alerting, logging, and reporting applications.
- You will be building data-processing or ETL products at scale
Who you are...
- Experienced. You have 3-5 years of relevant professional experience. You have experience with agile development methodology and testing. You have experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence. You may have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or similar field of study. You may have experience with one or more of the following, Spark, Kafka, Java, REST, gRPC, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Splunk, Python, Spinnaker, Parquet, Avro, Go, Presto.
- Technical. You have a deep knowledge of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language: Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, but this team primarily uses java. You have a solid knowledge of database / big data / distributed technologies. You will have experience in public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, Alibaba and/or Azure platforms
- Passionate. You have a passion for data and building features for our customers that work.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that are robust, scalable, and perform well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
#LI-NFAccommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.