Unified Commander/Incident Commander, Critical Incident Center
Customer Success Group
The Critical Incident Unified Commander is a highly customer-focused, operational leader that is responsible for flawlessly carrying out Salesforce’s elite critical incident response operation with a high sense of urgency. As a member of the Customer Success Group and Critical Incident Center (CIC) team, this role should have strong technical knowledge of complex SaaS systems and demonstrated ability leading the rapid response to complex incidents.
The Critical Incident Unified Commander is a key driver for Severity-0 incident management, security incident management, and executive-level communications. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization to drive action and foster positive growth.
Salesforce, the leading provider of cloud computing, uses a global network of internal and outsourced technical support engineers to deliver outstanding, multi-language support to over 1 million subscribers. With our continued rapid growth, we are searching for a strong incident leader to join our Global Critical Incident Center (CIC).
This is a fully remote position that will work on a Pacific Time Zone schedule.
- Ensure detailed execution of the incident resolution process, including running and leading incident bridges. Drive transparent communication that promotes high levels of internal/external customer happiness
- Work directly with stakeholders and executives to drive resolution during incidents and improve overall response for future incidents
- Leading multi-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution
- Leading enterprise-wide drills to ensure excellent response posture
- Partner and collaborate closely with Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Technical Support, Customer Success and Sales Leadership to ensure alignment across the business.
- Ability to perform a flexible schedule, including majority weekend and overnight shifts.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional professional work experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- 10+ years experience in a global application delivery/SaaS environment, handling highly complex issues
- Technical working knowledge of network infrastructure (Load balancer, firewalls, CDNs etc)
- 5+ years leading, coordinating, and ensuring resolution on major incidents
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills at the C-Level
- Solid experience responding to and leading incident response in a 24/7/365 environment
- Strong operational and services experience in a cloud services delivery environment
- Providing critically important support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience advising and improving the benefits of collaborating with global teams.
- Familiarity with incident management frameworks (IMS, ITIL, NIMS, NIST, SANS, etc.)
- Performs at a high level of operational urgency with an ability to maintain calmness
- Ability to lead and drive resolution via a conference bridge as an incident commander
- Ability to handle conflict during impactful and stressful incident events.
- Must have expertise in running enterprise-level escalations, including prioritizing and delegating multiple escalations at once.
- Flexibility, integrity, and creative problem-solving skills are a prerequisite to being successful in this role.
- Command-level grasp of collaboration, reporting, and notification tools
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive-level management.
- A standout colleague who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions, with confirmed ability of developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations
- Ensure that business initiatives are completed and business objectives are achieved
- Excellent project management skills across teams where influencing skills are required.
For insight into Salesforce, our hiring process, and interview tips, check out our new Trailhead: Navigate the Salesforce Hiring Process.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.