Finance Manager - Xbox Gaming Subscriptions
Do you want to be part of the team building the next generation of gaming technologies for Microsoft? Are you passionate about gaming subscriptions and helping Microsoft reach the more than 2B+ gamers on the planet with our gaming services?
The Xbox Gaming Subscriptions Finance team partners closely with the Xbox Game Pass Leadership Team to identify and evaluate transformative growth opportunities for the Xbox Game Pass business. In this role, you will support the business by providing robust and detailed financial analysis and insights, helping drive timely business decision making as the business grows quickly.
The successful candidate will bring a combination of financial expertise, problem solving skills, strong process and tools orientation, and the ability to work with and influence business partners across the company.
- Determine financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX, etc.) and conduct variance analyses, identifying root causes and potential solutions.
- Provide business leader support and actionable insights during financial close periods, with responsibility for key financial rhythms. Review recurring reporting and presentations; identify trends and formulate action plans.
- Assist in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting processes. Complete analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles; partner with and solicit insight from business stakeholders.
- Use a wide variety of systems and tools to consolidate and analyze results, including data mining and business intelligence.
- Integrate varied data sources and assimilate the information into a comprehensive, clear narrative. Communicate results in a compelling and understandable message. Articulate understanding and awareness of business partner situations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes; driving corrective measures. Consult with business partners on sharing information, approved instruments and processes, and consistency with corporate policies. Collaborate with Compliance groups to ensure team is current on company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- BA/BS (4 year) degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or Business or related field
- 4 or more years of experience in finance, analysis, reporting, budgeting, or target-setting.
- Proficiency in MS Office – with advanced Excel skills & extensive experience using multiple formulas and pivot tables with strong ability to manipulate large volumes of data
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-moving environment while conforming to tight deadlines
- Propensity to learn and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, exercise sound business judgment and show strong sense of certainty by standing firm where appropriate
- Strong verbal & written communication, interpersonal and cross group collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the industry is also preferred but not mandatory
- Pacific Time Zone hours
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.