Data Center Application SME
Are you passionate about working across organizational boundaries and creating success with others? Do you want to envision new ways to accelerate a CO+I's customer’s path to experiencing value? Do you thrive in an environment that is date, data and document-driven?
We are looking for a Data Center Application SME (Subject Matter Expert) that demonstrates a passion for talented team culture, creativity and rigor in process development, and emotional intelligence to get results in a highly matrixed environment.
Within CO+I (Cloud Operations and Innovation), the Critical Environment Platform Applications team is seeking a Data Center Application SME with the passion to drive value across complex stakeholder requirements operations and demonstrated experience in product development. Strong analytical skills, using data to design processes that scale, effective collaboration across internal and external users, and the drive to continuously improve and achieve business objectives will be critical to success in this role.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As the successful Data Center Application SME, your performance objectives include:
- Work on-site with users to understand, analyze, map, and optimize their work and asset management business requirements.
- Develop business process requirements documentation (flowcharts, process diagrams, and text
- Configure data center type applications and technologies such as EAM/CMMS/APM to support defined requirements.
- Align legacy data with business processes as required.
- Support the development of support programs (custom interfaces, reports, batch process, etc.)
- Support solution testing through crafting scripts and testing to ensure that the configured system meets business practice requirements.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, administration and tuning of enterprise relational database management systems (MS SQL Server or Oracle) including custom report development.
- Help in the development of predictive analytical tools in support of the data center infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis and management, work management systems applications, OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)/Enterprise Asset Management Systems (EAMS), Asset Performance Management (APM), data management and integration for private, municipal and/or federal service providers (eg Maximo, Dynamic FS)
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems commonly found in data centers or other Industrial facilities.
- Applicable experience using real-time data to assess equipment condition and performance
- Must possess experience in workflows, processes, and data management requirements that the systems support
- An understanding of maintenance planning, scheduling, and optimization is required
- Strong understanding of asset management and maintenance principles
- Experience documenting and streamlining business processes
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Eager to share knowledge and open to learning modern technologies
- A desire to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.