Sr. Software Engineer, Automation - Slack
Products and Technology
- Slack is looking for Software Engineers in Test to join the Quality Engineering organization! Slack is a fast growing enterprise software company that makes work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We operate at tremendous scale with systems that process millions of user events per second. We are iterating on these large scale systems rapidly as we continue to evolve how work happens.
- As a member of Quality Engineering, you will participate in the design and the development of innovative testing solutions that are specific to engineering challenges at Slack. You will build frameworks, tools, tests, and observability that covers the full depth and breadth of Slack’s client and server-side functionality. This includes the Slack desktop and web clients, our iOS and Android clients, our external service integrations, the Slack platform API, and supporting backend infrastructure.
- Our product development team iterates rapidly and deploys new code several times every single day. Our software engineers in test design and implement test suites that are fast, thorough, reliable, and maintainable. The Slack Quality organization’s vision is to Delight our customers by enabling teams to deliver enterprise quality at speed with an automation-forward approach.
- What you will be doing:
- Keep the broader team aligned around our common definition of quality; holds teams and peers to a high quality bar
- Support a healthy balance of quality and speed through prioritization and creative test execution strategies
- Guide teams to improve code structure, testability and maintainability; advance our testing culture
- Influence team-level prioritization of work and define the technical direction for team level projects
- Own software features and systems; define their long-term health while improving health of surrounding software systems
- Design and implement automated tests that support new and existing features across all Slack platforms
- Foster a culture of teamwork and support. Remedy communication issues and work to enable decision-making
- Drive alignment of peers and project stakeholders to effectively solve problems and improve software quality
- Develop and socialize documentation that is engaging, informative, and creates clarity
- Mentor new and developing teammates in test automation. Train and educate development teams in test automation
- Design and implement integration mechanisms for new and existing test suites in our continuous integration system
- Collaborate with Customer Support teams to understand common customer issues and incorporate them into new tests
- Collaborate with Operations teams to investigate production issues and perform root cause analyses
- Define and implement remediation strategies for incidents as they pertain to quality engineering
- Lead test automation and test architecture initiatives cross-functionally
- Identify, decompose, and solve complex problems in testing. Offer solutions, identify and rally the right people, and successfully drive resolution
- Participate in postmortem preparation and facilitation within the team's area. Command incidents of modest severity
- What you should have:
- 5+ years of automation experience
- Motivated by helping other engineers and engineering teams succeed. You have a history of implementing systems that make the working lives of those around you more pleasant and productive
- Designed solutions for complex problems in testing that have greatly improved test development velocity, test reliability, test execution, or test observability
- Advanced at building, testing, and debugging web/mobile applications and have a portfolio of projects that demonstrates this expertise
- Familiar with networking protocols and standards. You appreciate an intuitive, well-documented API
- Deep knowledge in one or more modern testing frameworks like Cypress, RSpec, Selenium, etc.
- Able to architect simple continuous integration systems. You have designed and implemented pre-production environments that enable test driven development
- Write test code like production code. You develop standards for documentation and coding best practices. You hold yourself and others accountable and do it with grace and compassion
- Flexible and know how to effectively deploy software on distributed teams
- Deep understanding of networking as it pertains to web application development and debugging
- Write readable, extensible, maintainable, and testable code whether it’s a simple test or an automation framework that hundreds of engineers will utilize every day
- A strong communicator. You have an uncanny ability to explain complex technical concepts to less technical peers
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters and above is a plus. Individuals with non-traditional backgrounds are also encouraged to apply
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Posted Today
- Full time
- Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
- Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
- There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
- We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
Sr. Frontend Performance Engineer - Slack | 2 Locations
Sr Software Engineer, Mobile Build & Release - Slack | 2 Locations
Database Platform Development Senior/Lead/Principal Engineer | 3 Locations
Senior Android Mobile Developer Experience (DevXP)- Slack | 10 Locations
Sr. Software Engineer, Android Infrastructure - Slack | 7 Locations
Your application has been successfully submitted.