Lead Product Designer - Slack
Products and Technology
- We are hiring a Lead Product Designer on our Foundations team to help craft the future of Slack. Designers serve a vital role here: from creating the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback, and have an excellent collection of animated gifs.
- At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
- What you'll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Build and iterate on features that drive an understanding of how to use Slack.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Interview new product designers and actively advise on our design hiring process.
- What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Solid understanding of building usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience working with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially if you love to use emoji 😎).
- Bonus: Experience designing for iterative and experimental feature.
- For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $142,400. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.