Business Intelligence Architect, Customer Analytics - Slack
Products and Technology
- Slack is looking for a Business Intelligence Architect to join our Customer Analytics team to help design, build, release, and enable Slack-first data products that accelerate our product led growth (PLG) and product sales (PLS) motions. This team is critical to helping Slack’s sales organization understand how our customers are using our product and where the biggest opportunities for engagement, growth, and maturity lie ahead.
- This new member of the team will help mature & advance the implementation of existing products (like Midas Slides) and envision a future where we deliver internal products across a broader set of personas and a more complex GTM motion. The best candidate loves to help others, empathize with non-technical business partners, think like a product-manager, build simple and intelligent products, and tell beautiful visual stories with data. They will need to be comfortable collaborating with Data Engineering, Internal Software Engineering groups, Sales & CS Leadership, Strategy, & Enablement, and other cross-functional partners.
- Come join us and help make accessing data, insights, and intelligence simpler, pleasant, & more productive (a la Slack)
- What you will be doing:
- Deeply empathize with how our Sales & Success teams work with customers to drive digital transformation with Slack.
- Scope, design, build, launch, and enable data products & experiences that help our customer facing Sales & Success teams do their jobs more efficiently and effectively.
- Increase the data literacy of our teams and the adoption + maturity of our data products through specialized trainings and hands on sessions with leaders and field facing roles.
- Collaborate with Customer Success & Sales Leadership, Management, and Operations to understand how BI solutions can accelerate our GTM motions.
- Educate non-technical business users on how to effectively tell Slack's story with data.
- What you should have:
- Proven track record in an Analytics or BI role supporting the Sales or Customer Success function.
- 5+ Years’ experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc. Experience with advanced Looker and Tableau development is a plus.
- Experience of working with Data Engineering and Integrations.
- Knowledge of Sales and CRM tools like Salesforce, Gainsight, Xactly etc. is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems or related area
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Proficiency in one or many analytics languages like SQL/python/R etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills; ability to tackle multiple projects and initiatives at a time.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and results-driven mentality.
- Design thinking concepts or other visualization concepts that drive story-telling.
- Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
- Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
- Come do the best work of your life here at Slack!
- For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $128,600 You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.