Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Marketing Cloud
This position can be based in Boulder (CO) or Seattle (WA).
Advertising Amazon Marketing Cloud (AMC) teams build Advanced Analytics System that are secure, privacy-safe, and dedicated cloud-based environment in which advertisers can easily perform analytics across multiple, pseudonymized data sets to generate aggregated reports. Inputs can include an advertiser’s own data sets, as well as their Amazon Advertising campaign events, such as impressions, clicks, and conversions. AMC reports can help with campaign measurement, audience refinement, supply optimization, and more, enabling advertisers to make more informed decisions about their cross-channel marketing investments.
Our services ingest billions of behavioral signals every day. Speed, scale, and accuracy are critical to our success. Naturally, we need awesome Business Intelligence Engineers to help us in data transformation to help scale our business.
We’re looking for experienced, motivated Business Intelligence Engineer with a proven track record of giving a voice to data.
Why should I join your team?
Are you interested in building a green field product opportunity within Amazon Advertising? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? If you are a self-starter, enjoy designing large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, this is a unique and rare opportunity to build a new initiative from scratch with some of the best full-stack engineers at Amazon. We pioneer the usage of modern full-stack technologies at Amazon scale.
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data and providing business insights
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries in Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL, or other similar databases
- 3+ years' experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Engineer, or other related role
- Experience with automated self-service reporting tools
- Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
- degree in Math, Computer Science, Analytics, MIS/CIS, Statistics or related discipline
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- 5+ years' experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Engineer, or other related role
- Experience working with cloud data repository services such as AWS redshift
- Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources
The pay range for this position in Colorado starts at $87,000[yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History