Corporate Paralegal, Global Subsidiaries Legal
Here is a chance to take your career to the next level with earth’s most customer-centric company! If you have a passion for customers, enjoy dealing with unique legal and business issues, and love new challenges, Amazon is looking for you.
Amazon is seeking an experienced paralegal to join the Global Subsidiaries Legal team. Responsibilities include US and international new entity formation projects, ongoing subsidiary maintenance and compliance matters, acquisition and restructuring projects, and liaising with external counsel and internal business and legal partners.
The experienced candidate must thrive on the challenge of a fast-paced environment and work autonomously to execute multiple time-sensitive projects.
This role requires flexibility, resourcefulness, and an innovative spirit.
Preferred location for this role is Seattle or the DC Metro Area (Arlington, VA). New York, Los Angeles, or SF Bay Area may also be considered.
About the team
Be part of a dynamic global team that supports all of Amazon's business lines and key strategic transactions. You will gain a unique perspective on the long-term planning for Amazon's growth. We work with business, tax, accounting, compliance, and other in-house and external legal teams to solve complex issues, deliver results, and delight customers!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of previous work experience as a corporate paralegal or related experience with a multinational/Fortune 500 company or law firm
- 8+ years of previous work experience as a corporate paralegal or related experience with a multinational/Fortune 500 company or law firm
- Legal project and information management experience
- Proficiency in Global Entity Management System (GEMS) or other entity management system, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Accustomed to working with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding judgement, even in ambiguous situations, and discretion with confidential matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently in a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and keen attention to detail
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Spanish speaker preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History