Loss Prevention Coordinator
The Retail Loss Prevention Coordinator (LPC) is a key hourly associate position in Amazon Physical Retail Stores. This position provides a visible presence at the entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for associates and customers. The LPC leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (People, Property, and Data) protection in a physical retail store. The LPC reports to the Regional Loss Prevention Business Partner responsible for their area, and aids them in supporting the Physical Retail store teams.
Key job responsibilities
• Greet and engage customers in a professional and friendly manner while supporting customer needs
• Maintain visible security presence while wearing Amazon provided Loss Prevention uniform
• Perform surveillance and monitoring activities to detect and deter incidents of internal and external theft and fraud
• Support customer and associate experience through strong communication and training
• Prepare and complete written reports relative to theft, fraud and security incidents
• Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating security services, processes and initiatives
• Conduct audits and identify trends to mitigate risk and deter theft
• Accurately communicate verbally and in written form to a broad customer base
• Promote and execute security best practices
• Audit physical security infrastructure (i.e. intrusion detection, access control, cameras, merchandise protection) and ensure functionality of all systems
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing environment, or 1+ year of Amazon experience
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
• Able to work in grocery environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of excel
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to engage with others at all levels
• Professional credentials in Loss Prevention or security
• Experience with physical retail grocery store environments
• Experience with implementation and utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, organized retail crime investigation and retail loss mitigation techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History