Senior Product Designer, Flipgrid
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. Flipgrid is a free video discussion app from Microsoft that makes learning fun and empowering for over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations around the world. (Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter! And @FlipgridEvents)
We started with a mission of empowering every voice in the classroom and now we have a much larger vision: to make learning fun and empowering for everyone. We’re dedicated to getting people together around the things they love, so that we can all learn, make, discuss, share, and grow! We’re excited to see where you can help take us next!
We’re looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. We’re looking for a team member who is creative, dedicated, startup-minded, and a life-long learner looking to create the future of learning at Microsoft. #OPGJOBS #FlipgridJobs #SocialLearningJobs
You would lead and contribute to each facet of the design process: information architecture; interaction design; research and usability; rapid prototyping; brand integration, and beyond. You possess a balance of thoughtful product strategy thinking with interaction design, visual design, and prototyping execution and skills. You will partner with product leaders and engineering to drive end-to-end experiences from concept ideation to release, pitching new ideas directly to the Head of Design and Founder of Flipgrid to create future opportunities. You need to be a great creator, collaborator, communicator, and mentor for small and large teams.
- Assist in leading vision and strategy across the design team, ideating as well as executing with thoughtful attention to detail.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into end-to-end experiences in a way that is both useful and valuable for our growing 100M+ users.
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple, thoughtful, and elegant.
- Work diligently with the team to facilitate, collaborate, and contribute to a positive environment, focused on implementation but also open to experimentation.
- Be able to rapidly produce conceptual UI to share ideas across the organization to build consensus.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality. Review work together with the design group and iterate on feedback.
- Continue to deepen knowledge and understanding of UI/UX, including best practices, industry and emerging consumer trends, and experience with products at scale.
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft and share with others.
- Qualified candidates should have 6+ years of experience, including experience with product UX design at scale, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user research, and usability testing, in addition to leading, organizing, and inspiring a team.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis.
- Experience creating and managing UI design libraries and interaction guidelines across a large organization.
- Strong problem solving, product thinking, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing.
- Experience shipping innovative and complex consumer products on a large-scale and shipping on a deadline.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and our user community.
- Excellent communication, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape current and future products.
- Proficient in designing high-fidelity designs in Figma or similar tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.