Product Manager 2; HBCU Connect Event
Microsoft’s Developer Division (“DevDiv”) is chartered with empowering every developer and every development team on the planet to build great software faster. We build developer platforms, tools, and services to enable anyone from citizen developers to seasoned professional developers to be successful in realizing their software’s potential from local to cloud development.
We also build cloud services optimized for running developer workloads in the cloud, such as Azure Functions, Azure Container Apps, and Azure App Services. These tools and services play a critical role in the success of platforms and solutions ensuring that developers can be productive, work how and where they want, and have a reliable and high-performance set of tools at their disposal. The tools we build are the Visual Studio family (Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, Visual Studio Code), IntelliCode, runtimes (.NET and Java), compilers, SDKs, languages, testing platforms/tools, package management, and critical developer services to help deliver these experiences.
DevDiv is looking for a Product Manager (PM) interested in helping to achieve this vision and improve the developer experiences for everyone using any language. This role is best suited for a PM who is passionate about technology, thoughtfully analytical in understanding customer requirements and competitive context, and eager to drive tangible business impact in a collaborative team.
You will need to collaborate across organizations to ensure extraordinary experiences across tools, cloud hosting, and customer outreach. Technical proficiency and problem solving are must-haves to understand customer pain points and communicate effectively with the development team. Your role will require making decisions regarding trade-offs and challenges with app development so previous experience in developer tools would be beneficial.
In this role, you will need to excel at contributing to cross-functional v-teams by working closely with customers and partners using our products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Engaging with customers and partners to understand business needs and opportunities
- Defining and prioritizing customer scenarios and experiences
Communicating feature requirements and feature progress
- Specifying, owning, and growing product features through the whole product lifecycle
- Creating differentiated developer experiences across development tools
- Leveraging data and analytics to capture progress and key results toward team objectives
- Communicate with customers via blog posts, and documentation, and engage on Open Source forums
- Build end-to-end demos of scenarios for your developer experiences
- Work with marketing/PR teams and presenting occasionally at conferences
- 3+ years of experience in software development, program management, or similar role delivering platform or service features
- Scientific/engineering discipline OR equivalent industry experience OR Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- Experience with developer tools
- Growth mindset with a desire to continually learn and apply new skills to a broad range of projects as you dig into complex problems and create solutions that scale to a large system and codebase
- Possess excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills necessary to articulate the business needs and importance of our security deliverables with experience working with databases and big data analytics SQL or Kusto
- Passionate about performance
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $106,500 -159,700.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.