Principal, Exec. Onboarding, AWS Executive Onboarding
The AWS New Employee Success Team owns global onboarding for all new AWS hires. We are looking for an innovative leader with executive coaching and program management expertise to help us scale global delivery of AWS’ Executive Onboarding Program. The target audience for this program is externally hired and internally transferred Directors and Vice Presidents. Our north star is to equip new executives with personalized resources and services to create a frustration-free onboarding experience and accelerate their cultural and productivity ramp.
As an Executive Onboarding Partner, you will build trusted relationships with new executives and onboarding stakeholders to facilitate pre-boarding readiness; develop customized 90-day onboarding plans; engage during key moments of learning (i.e., team feedback sessions, first performance review, first annual planning experience, etc.); support cohorts of new hires to build community and connection; and identify risks, dive deep on issues, and develop custom solutions in partnership with HRBPs and the business leadership team.
You will also help us build the next iteration of the Executive Onboarding Program by collecting voice of the customer feedback, providing input to the feature roadmap, identifying and implementing improvements, and facilitating change management with key stakeholders. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering executive coaching, navigating career transitions, and building and managing high-profile programs.
The role can be based out of any AWS Corporate Hub (i.e. Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Cupertino or Bay Area, CA).
About the team
The AWS Executive Onboarding team’s vision is for “every new executive to thrive in our peculiar culture, feel a sense of belonging, and deliver for customers from Day 1.” Our mission is to build a core, common, and consistent framework to accelerate cultural immersion, increase speed to contribution and retention, and enable a personalized, inclusive and frustration-free onboarding experience for AWS new executives. Our customers are all AWS L8+ new hires who are new to role or organization, with a current focus on external hires.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years progressive experience partnering with senior executives and managing complex programs
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or an MBA
- 3+ years of experience as an executive coach
- Coaching certification from an accredited institution
- Strong business partnering skills and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking abilities, coaching skills, project management abilities
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization and across countries to achieve results
- Proven project management skills including planning work, prioritizing and managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results with tight deadlines
- Experience driving large scale change management initiatives across multiple geographies and business lines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, paired with sound business judgment and ability to see around corners
- Proven ability to influence without authority, motivate cross-functional teams, and self-start
- Proficiency with data gathering, analysis, and presentation of insights
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and prioritize, manage, and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Familiar with assessment-for-development tools (e.g., Hogan, DISC, 360)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History