Senior Software Engineer
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale. The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation.
We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible.
Our core infrastructure is a target for cyber criminals and nation-state adversaries that seek to bring harm to our businesses, customers, and staff. The Security & Technology Shared Services team is focused on delivering security and technology services across the datacenter delivery lifecycle.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Our Security Engineering team delivers innovative solutions that provide critical capabilities to our physical security partners at scale. We are looking for a software engineer with deep technical expertise who can learn fast and contribute to a full Azure web application stack. In this role you will develop and maintain capabilities focused on automation and advanced security controls for our physical security partners that supports the scale & growth of our global business.
The services that we manage are “next generation” solutions with a frontend written in Angular and a backend written in C#, among other technologies. We leverage Azure components including web services, Azure SQL, Queues, App Insights, Azure storage and Azure Functions. We have a variety of synchronous and asynchronous systems working together to support security at hundreds of datacenters around the world. In this role you will:
- Write high quality, maintainable, reusable code following SOLID principles.
- Collaborate with and demonstrate features developed to stakeholders in an Agile environment.
- Resolve complex system integration challenges working with other members of the team and external teams.
- Share learnings and code assets developed with the CO+IE team.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- BS degree in CS/EE or related engineering experience
- 6+ years of full-stack application development with excellent OO coding/design by .Net/Java/C++ and modern frontend technology (Angular preferred)
- 3+ years of cloud-based service experience, e.g., Azure or AWS, with a strong understanding of cloud architecture and ability of distributed system design: major deliverer of large projects/web application with relational and/or non-relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Excellent skills in problem analysis and abstraction.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork and comfortable with agile software development.
- Self-motivated and quick learner of new technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.