Sr. HR Business Partner
Would you like to be part of an HR Team that values collaboration and the idea of working better together? Do you have passion for partnering with the business on driving organizational and culture transformation, take pride in enabling high quality delivery of key people outcomes, and enjoy a fast-paced environment? Come join us as a Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) supporting the Microsoft Store business.
Microsoft Store is a thriving organization within the Marketing Consumer Business (MCB) that caters to 190 markets and receives 1.8 billion online monthly visits. The roles in the organization cover a broad range of disciplines such as E-commerce, Marketing, Category Management, Digital Field Sales, Support, Training and Operations. The Microsoft Store HR Team is multi-cultural and internationally diverse, resembling the diverse composition of our workforce. We seek talent who wants to learn, to contribute, and to grow with this dynamic business.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. You can help us achieve our mission.
- Collaborates with business leaders to interpret business needs and people priorities. Contributes to the design and/or integration of the holistic organizational plan (i.e., talent, structure, culture, process) for an assigned organization. Partners with business to monitor, execute, and continue to evolve and inform the design.
- Partners and consults with peer HR disciplines (e.g., Talent Management, Organization Development, HR Business Insights) on leveraging the systems model, diagnosing talent pyramid and talent management processes/programs, interpreting results, and building recommendations based on data analyses. Assesses, interprets, and presents findings on organizational effectiveness, and designs and implements assessments or solutions for an organization.
- Interprets results of analyses provided by HR Business Insights on talent management processes (e.g., attrition, movement, polls, compensation patterns), talent needs, and risks. Identifies trends/themes, communicates findings with the business as well as the broader HR community, and provides recommendations to senior leadership about organizational strategies, goals, and actions. Uses knowledge of the business to frame data in a meaningful way when making recommendations. Translates data into action and leads the implementation of data-supported plans.
Change Design & Orchestration
- Identifies the needs for change and leads the implementation and adaption to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes (e.g., training, talent movement) for an organization, client, or time zone. Contributes to developing change management and communication plans in collaboration with the Communications team and business leaders.
- Evaluates internal and external business drivers and environmental factors to foster change adoption among a diversity of employees and managers. Assesses risks and benefits to ensure project feasibility, and collaborates with business leaders or HR partners to develop effective change-management strategies and training materials.
- Identifies gaps in current people plan, people programs, and tools to develop critical skills and maintain productivity. Leads the implementation of the holistic people plan (e.g., talent management, leadership effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, culture). Participates in creating the people plan for an assigned client, organization, or time zone.
Strategic Talent Management
- Identifies talent strengths and needs through ongoing assessment of business needs. Partners with Talent Management to translate business priorities into talent management outcomes. Design approaches to help business leaders make decisions to build, buy, or borrow talent and assess impact of the decisions.
- Assists in building strategic talent plans aligned with organizational strategy, data (e.g., attrition rates, hiring trends) and budgets. Collaborates with Total Rewards to understand the market competitiveness of the client organization's compensation and makes recommendations to improve engagement and retention through fiscal levers.
- Implements talent movement plans in partnership with Talent Management and Talent Development Management (TDM) by identifying potential successors using business insights and data. Drives operational processes and works with others (e.g., managers, Compensation and Benefits) to ready successors and place them in the new role.
- Participates in the development and implementation of talent development plans and programs, in partnership with Talent Management, by analyzing and interpreting business and talent needs. Leverages Talent, Learning, and Insights (TLI) solutions for culture, talent management, employee, leader and manager excellence, and learning and development. May work with Readiness on the onboarding, training and development of talent in the go to market space.
- Partners with Diversity and Inclusion in developing the Diversity and Inclusion plan for the assigned client, organization, or time zone. Contributes to expanding the workforce diversity of the client’s organization and building inclusive leadership practices. Partners with Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) to align on the Diversity and Inclusion and strategic talent plan and promote an inclusive recruiting culture within the client organization.
Leadership & Team Performance
- Assesses data, interprets information, and presents insights and recommendations on leadership effectiveness and performance. Assembles and provides summary status updates and guidance for senior level leadership. Conducts one-on-one effectiveness coaching with senior leaders to improve leadership capability or the resolution of leadership gaps. Coaches managers and leaders to facilitate organizational change and model an inclusive environment.
- Identifies where change is needed and contributes to the development of interventions that improve leadership and team performance to achieve strategic imperatives for a business group. Facilitates the leadership capability planning for an organization, client, or time zone. Executes on strategies and action plans to transform leaders and teams to embody leadership principles.
Strategy Clarity & Alignment
- Translates business strategies into people and organizational priorities. Leads the discussion with the business leadership teams in applying and aligning people and organizational priorities with organization vision and execution, to achieve the business goals for an assigned client, organization, or time zone.
- Identifies gaps in the execution of business strategies and guides business leadership on clarifying and executing business strategies for an assigned client, organization, or time zone. Identifies needs for interventions to drive clarity and address gaps in strategy execution. Leads the implementation of interventions.
- 9+ years work experience with Human Resources processes or related (e.g., hiring, training, performance management)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 7+ years work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM).
- 3+ years experience with partnering with wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.