Sr. Communications Manager , AWS Training and Certification
The AWS Training and Certification (T&C) Employee and Leader Communications team (E&L Comms) is seeking a talented and creative communications professional to help us engage the T&C organization in service to our mission and customers.
As the Senior Communications Manager of Engagement, you will build and manage our internal communications strategy for engaging the T&C organization around our vision, goals, strategic operations, and employee experience. You have a passion for employee engagement and will work backwards from our employee customers to craft clear and concise messaging and deliver internal activities that inspire, educate, and empower our people.
You have a builder’s mindset, a collaborative work style, and the ability to establish a clear direction in the midst of ambiguity. You will excel by being extremely data-driven and comfortable with writing and delivering messaging and strategy across a range of communications channels and audiences.
This role can be located near AWS office locations including: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, Santa Monica.
Key job responsibilities
· Develop and manage topline internal messaging strategy around T&C’s Workforce Enablement and Culture goals and programming that impacts the employee experience, emphasis on Inculsion Diversity & Equity efforts.
· Employ innovative marketing and communications tactics that support Workforce Development program visibility, and motivate internal audiences to take action.
· Provide consultation to functional team leadership for content development and best practices related to monthly employee communication messages, training and development, and other team-specific communication needs.
· Work cross-functionally to define key themes, messages, and objectives to drive awareness, engagement, and cascade information to teams with unique functions and communication needs.
· Write compelling and effective messaging and content for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) leadership messages, blogs, newsletters, announcements, videos, presentations, and events.
· Build toolkits, templates, and processes to promote self-service and communication best practices across the organization.
· Track and report metrics on effectiveness of content and messages to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze, and tune messaging to maximize conversion.
· Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
About the team
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS T&C, we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud.
The T&C Employee & Leadership Communications (E&L Comms) team is responsible for defining and executing the communications strategy for engaging the T&C organization around our vision, goals, strategic operations, and employee experience. This includes organization-level communication across the T&C team and all communication activities for Maureen Lonergan, VP, AWS Training and Certification. We provide executive communication support to the T&C leadership team and consult on organizational communications needs within T&C functional teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
· 7+ years’ experience in executive or internal communications, marketing, or employee development, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
· Experience creating and editing content: digital, written, video, and visual communications materials.
· Experience owning organizational communications strategy, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/technology marketing experience preferred.
· Experience managing or communicating employee experience efforts, diversity and inclusion programming, or training and development programs.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail and the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
· Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Proven ability to think strategically and implement ideas from ideation and development to measurement and evaluation.
· Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
· An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do”, problem-solving attitude and approach to managing ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History