Business Development Associate (BDA) / New-Grad Sales Role
This job is no longer accepting applications.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Associate (BDA) / New-Grad Sales Role / Nov and Dec 2020 Start Date
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
START DATE(S)*: November and December 2020
*Our headcount demand is always changing as we grow; start dates listed here may or may not have an immediate opening at the time of your application.
LOCATION(S)*: Toronto, CAN
*Our headcount demand is always changing as we grow; some of the locations listed here may or may not have an immediate opening at the time of your application. Please note that we do not offer relocation assistance.
ROLE OVERVIEW AND IMPACT:
Are you looking for a fulfilling career empowering companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way? In this Business Development Associate New-Grad Program, you will join our elite sales team and do just that! You will learn how to evangelize Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and World’s #1 CRM, by researching and identifying net-new business opportunities — you will have a direct impact in our revenue generation goals. This role is an exciting opportunity for you to begin developing your core sales skills and business acumen as you work alongside industry sales leaders by directly supporting an outbound sales team.
We hire driven individuals who thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment, who know that they can succeed in a fast-paced, client-facing sales career, and are comfortable with achieving/exceeding metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and sales quotas.
The Business Development Associate (BDA) role serves as the entry-level role into a client-facing sales career at Salesforce and is designed to be your first look into how we sell Salesforce products. In this role, you will not be client-facing but will support a team of client-facing, outbound Business Development Representatives (BDR). You will simultaneously be trained in core sales skills to become a client-facing, inbound Sales Development Representative (SDR). Successful BDAs critically think and learn through coaching from their mentors, build upon, and improve their skills throughout their tenure in this program. After mastering the BDA role, you may be eligible to continue into the SDR role based upon your success in this program.
There are six core goals and responsibilities in this role to help train, equip, and prepare you for advancement:
- Align with and directly support a team of BDRs in:
- Lead generation/Prospecting - Conducting research on, modifying and identifying net-new prospective clients and accounts
- Determining key decision makers within the leadership team of those accounts and creating new contacts in our CRM
- Gathering other strategic insights using market data and industry intelligence to improve the quality of accounts
- Develop foundational knowledge of Salesforce products and business acumen
- Understand and apply the Salesforce value proposition in mock cold calls
- Learn and utilize our selling methodologies in role playing exercises
- Demonstrate ability to navigate challenging sales call scenarios and business cases
- Learn inbound sales processes and prepare for evaluation to become an SDR
- Must be within less than 1-year of having completed a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree from the start date of this role
- Long-term interest in a client-facing sales career
- Competitive spirit and the drive for results
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and the resourceful ability to take initiative
- Coachable and enjoys learning in a fast-paced sales environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous internship or full-time corporate sales experience
- B2B software sales experience is a plus
- Bilingual in French is a plus
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.