Software Engineer II
Help unlock the true power of data today to create a better tomorrow.
The Intelligence Platform team at Microsoft, is creating a new generation of tools and infrastructure to transform data into insight and into action. The world produces exabytes of data every hour, yet people and organizations tap into only a fraction of its full value today because their tools take too much time and expertise to use. We’ve set out to make it easy for them to harness data to solve critical problems and create innovative new products, services, and experiences. So that it looks and feels like magic to our users, our team does the hard work to build world-class user experiences, platforms and services that remove the complexity and pain of working with big data.
We’re a rapidly growing global team. We foster a high-trust environment with great collaboration, open dialogue, and fun. We celebrate our different identities, cultures, experiences, and work styles. We seek out diverse perspectives and challenge our assumptions, so we build the best product together. We value excellence and support each other in learning and growing together. We try new ideas, learn, fail-fast, and try again. And ultimately, we love delighting our customers and helping them succeed.
We’d like your help in advancing the state-of-the-art in big data!
- Deliver world-class user experiences and planet-scale cloud services to customers in collaboration with architects, UX designers, and product managers
- Design, code, test, and operate applications that are performant, reliable, secure, responsive, and accessible
- Deploy and operate production services that customers trust and depend on
- Contribute as a technical leader to the product vision, roadmap, architecture, and planning
- Make engineering investments and build reusable components to ship faster with higher quality and consistency
- Work with customers to make them successful and understand their unmet needs
- Collaborate with partner teams to deliver new value in our product and across Microsoft’s products
- 2+ years of industry software engineering experience developing and operating complex systems using C++, C#, Java, Python, OR other backend language
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical leadership in shipping high-quality cloud services and/or applications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science OR related engineering experience
- Systematic problem solving with clean, modular design thinking
- Track record of excellence in software engineering, including design, coding, code reviews and testing
- Excellent technical leadership, mentorship, collaboration, and communication
- Experience with building, deploying, and operating applications and services on cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Growth mindset to learn, seek diverse viewpoints, and stay current with industry trends and techniques
- Startup mentality to move and iterate rapidly, work across disciplines, and focus on customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.