Finance Manager, EC2 Finance
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business and finance partnering role with full P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Join us at AWS Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to be a key leader supporting the AWS Compute business. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. Amazon EC2 has grown to be one of the fastest growing and most strategic suite of products in the AWS portfolio.
This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including service general managers, product managers, engineering leaders, sales and business development leadership to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership to EC2 Services.
The position will own P&Ls and will manage a team that: performs usage and revenue analyses for new services and for existing services, delivers ad-hoc business projects and analyses, conducts usage and revenue planning, and provides financial insights.
This role requires solid skills in people management and thought leadership, a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role requires strong communication skills and has regular interaction with various AWS business units & senior leadership.
- Drive financial controllership, lead reviews of financial metrics, analyze variances, synthesize key business drivers, and communicate them to senior management in business terms and influence them through presenting actionable drivers.
- Review and provide guidance to complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including short and long range financial/operational forecasts, and communicating results to senior management.
- Create and implement mechanisms to ensure financial and operational goals are achieved. Develop business insights through KPIs.
- Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leaders.
- Develop metrics to measure efficiency of the services and standardize financial reports
- Drive scalability and automation projects
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field and a minimum 12+ years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 10+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred
- Strong business and finance partner experience; experienced in working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Financial modeling, P&L management and/or analysis experience
- Ability to understand multiple business dimensions and draw inferences by connecting various inputs
- Track record of managing deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
- Customer focus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History