Senior Financial Analyst, Supply Chain Optimization Technologies
Interested in a high visibility SFA role supporting Amazon leadership and shape our future? This Senior Financial Analyst role in Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) will help our Fulfillment Optimization (FO) team with multi-billion dollar decisions on how much and where we grow our global network and supply chain. Successful candidate will work closely with global transportation and fulfillment leaders, research scientists, project managers, software developers, and global finance teams to help with capacity and topology decisions to maximize our free cash flow. In addition to finance acumen, strong communication and critical thinking skills, operations and audit experience, drive for continuous learning and improvement are preferred qualities for this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Support SCOT Sr. Finance Manager by partnering with SCOT Capacity Planning and Topology team
- Build knowledge and trust across all business areas and stay current on initiatives, risks, issues and opportunities
- Prepare financial analysis and examine risk and opportunities associated with each optimization initiative
- Ensure initiatives are tied to financial metrics and develop metrics based on statistical modeling and simulation techniques
- Author narratives for MBRs, QBRs, Operating Plans, and project related deep dives
- Deliver controllership and evaluate decisions for maximizing our long-term free cash flow
- Be the financial advisor on the development and improvement of automated models/systems
- Validate economic models by using data analytics
- Audit the inputs and trade-offs of the existing and future systems and ensure appropriate financial controls are part of our ever-evolving fulfillment systems
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- 5+ years of experience in economic analysis, auditing, supply chain operations, operations research or inventory and transportation management
- Great in Excel plus proficiency/willingness to improve in SQL and Python
- Technical background plus MBA, or Masters in Economics or Engineering (or other analytical field of study) or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous situations
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload; effective multi-tasking skills vital
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge or influence senior company leaders
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History