Finance Manager, PARS & Packaging Innovation Finance
Product Assurance, Risk, and Security (PARS) supports compliance, product safety, loss prevention, and other critical support functions across the Consumer, Devices, and Operations organizations.
The Packaging Innovation team owns Amazon's worldwide packaging strategy. They design and drive the adoption of packaging technologies by lowering our cost structure, unlocking additional selection, and improving customer experience. Packaging and Innovation is responsible for the development of global automated work cells that improve the safety and productivity of our packaging operations. They design and develop packaging work cells that can be back-built into existing buildings and incorporated into the designs of next generation buildings.
PARS & Packaging Innovation Finance seeks a Finance leader to support a large WW business team. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses and learn about WW Operations.
Team Exposure/Scope: This role partners closely with the Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team. In this role you will support CPEX in delivering their goals which focus on reducing the cost and improving the sustainability of our packaging. The role has visibility to senior leadership.
Success in this role: You have a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving. Collaboratively work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
- Delivers monthly financial close duties. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs financial models supporting various products/programs.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community and seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent. Minimum 8+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards) MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History