Principal Software Engineer
We are building the Resilience Hub where services’ resilience is defined, validated, and tracked and we are looking for a principal software engineer with experience building state of the art software systems. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and tools, on innovative and sophisticated features that customers love, as part of a team of passionate and experienced engineers in a diverse and inclusive environment.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing a foundational cloud service, working in an agile team focused on rapid deliveries of incremental value to Microsoft’s core business. You will be required to research, investigate, and standardize algorithms across multiple projects. You will be expected to provide strong and reliable leadership to your team members and other engineers.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and operate massive scale, highly available/extensible and robust cloud services.
- Drive thinking and improvements for systems and engineering processes with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets.
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach spanning many teams across geographies.
- • Provide technical leadership, partner, mentor, and help grow junior engineers through sharing and learning.
- • Foster a culture of inclusivity and disciplined software engineering practices to deliver business value, guided by data.
- BS in Computer Science or 4 years of equivalent software engineering work experience.
- At least 6 years of experience as a software engineer, designing, coding, and operating scalable cloud-based services.
- At least 5 years of experience developing an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity.
- Data driven approach to analyzing and solving problems, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
- A great team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills across disciplines, levels, and product teams
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills fast.
- Self-starting attitude, excited to make things happen in new and ambiguous situations.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results oriented.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.