Sr Quality Engineer, GPU
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer, GPU to join the team.
- Be the GPU and AI system quality leader who is working through design, validation, production, and supplier teams to find and fix problems that will potentially impact Microsoft’s cloud environment.
- Building a strong supplier quality management strategy to ensure the GPU commodity and System are manufactured at highest level of quality standards.
- Lead quality issue or improvement task force to contain, mitigate and resolve all the GPU quality issues impacting global data centers.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis and drive strategic business decisions
- Collaborate with different teams (such as design, system engineers, suppliers) to setup the mitigation plan in data center with highest sense of urgency
- Drive Azure hardware quality improvements, through failure analysis, and root cause using a combination of Microsoft and supplier resources.
- BS degree in Materials Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Scienc or related field.
- 10+ years of direct engineering experience in system level hardware development problem solving
- Deep knowledge of functional and performance parameters of GPU.
- 3+ years directly responsible for assembly of cloud hardware, including server platform or ingredients.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work across the different organization with a call to action.
- Deep understanding of root cause/corrective action methods to identify contributing factors of production defects.
- Must have strong communication and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze large data sets, extract the essence, and present and communicate the results effectively.
- Master’s degree in Electronics is preferred.
- 5+ years of working experience with GPU system, commodity or component in Cloud server industry
- Familiar with datacenter environments, including infrastructure, networking, power distribution, and repair processes and procedures.
- Use and apply statistics to evaluate product reliability and highlight potential product risks.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.