Front End Engineer, AWS Industry Products, Healthcare & Life Science
AWS Industry Products (AIP) #BDSI_AIP is a new AWS engineering organization chartered to build new AWS products by applying Amazon’s innovation mechanisms along with AWS digital technologies to real world industry problems. We dive deep with industry leaders to solve problems and unblock industries, enabling them to capitalize on new digital business models. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses. #BDSI_AIP
Our Healthcare & Life Sciences team is a group of individuals who believe the time is right to bring the thoughtful application of technology, fresh thinking, and Amazon's scale to the healthcare space.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer who is obsessed with customers and able to deliver results in the ambiguity of a new frontier. We seek an individual who is excited to dive deep into a growth opportunity delivering new product categories that will improve healthcare on a global scale.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of professional front-end development.
- Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- OO design and coding skills in multiple languages (such as Java, Python)
- Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant
- Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired - Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
- Experience building large-scale modern web applications
- Understanding of web services technologies such HTTP and REST
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History