Software Development Engineer II, EC2 Edge Argus
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
Come join a growing team, EC2 Edge is growing and expanding internationally. EC2 Edge solves complex cutting-edge problems to power a faster, more robust and performant EC2 for tomorrow. The charter of our team is to build services that improve customer experience. EC2 Edge puts the compute closer to the customer, to reduce latency.
As a Software Development Engineer in the EC2 Edge team, you will join as a leader of an industry-leading engineering team solving challenging problems at massive scale.
*What you will learn*:
* Application of machine learning to large-scale customer analytics.
* Product recommendation algorithms.
* Resource management and admission control for the Cloud.
* The internals of all AWS services.
About the hiring group
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. As well as Strive to be Earth’s Best Employer
We're dedicated to supporting new team members.
*Building a world-class Compute platform that scales to handling compute where it is required.
* Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
* Enable customers the visibility into the last mile of their experience across diverse geographic locations.
* Operate in constrained environments where frugality is critical to customers.
* Speed is critical, Build self-healing systems to improve our customer experience.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Must be currently enrolled in school or graduated within the last 12 months
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History