Software Development Engineer, FinTech Tax technology team
Are you passionate about finding patterns in seemingly disparate problems? Does working closely with the customers to drive innovation excite you? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
In this role you will:
- Design and build services to make customer lives better and will be part of a new “AWS like” technology platform for Tax.
- Play a role in the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of a new platform from beginning to end.
- Work through all phases of the project life cycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers.
- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
- Design and code technical solutions in tools such as Java or C#, .NET, Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery and/or SQL Server to deliver value to tax customers.
- Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Build dashboard and visualization services.
- Work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of software development lifecycle.
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous experience designing/coding applications requiring a high degree of complexity - Proven experience designing data structures that meet the application requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
- Previous experience or strong desire to learn AWS technology such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History