Hyperwallet Security Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Information Security at HyperWallet
We are seeking intelligent and motivated engineers to join HyperWallet Information Security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Manager of Information Security and work directly with other business units as a subject matter expert on all things related to Cyber Security.
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for HyperWallet users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network and compute services and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions in both on-prem and cloud environments. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. We solve user and corporate security concerns, investigate security incidents, perform security gap analysis, build and integrate systems, conduct applied research, and implement novel technologies and architecture to deal with enterprise security across a diversity of computing platforms such as mobile and cloud.
Examples include establishing and enforcing perimeters to protect all of HyperWallet environments, defending a diverse set of clients and servers in hostile environments, from common operating systems to emerging software and hardware platforms, and evolving authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to simplify user experience and keep HyperWallet safe.
- Design infrastructure and services and drive its implementation to protect HyperWallet networks and systems.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of HyperWallet engineering and business teams.
- Conduct technical evaluations to identify coverage gaps in existing information security toolsets.
- Support installations of security tools with Key Performance Indicators (KPI) measuring performance.
- Work with other Cyber Security teams to effectively manage and develop security monitoring, sensor enrichment, and tuning solutions.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Drive enterprise focused security improvements to HyperWallet products and services.
- Respond to and investigate security incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in security.
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Knowledge of account creation/management for various web-hosted tools
- Experience working with Identity and Access services
- Experience building/deploying Single Sign On (SSO) frameworks and mechanisms such as OAuth and SAML
- Linux system administration
- Experience integrating and tuning network security infrastructure
- Security experience in GCP or AWS environments
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.