Senior Firmware Development Engineer
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The
Surface Team focuses on building devices that empower every person and
every organization to achieve more. A fundamental part of our strategy is
having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people
want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close
partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and
manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface
We're looking for talented firmware engineers to deliver great customer
experiences . As a firmware engineer you will take customer outcomes to
feature definition, platform selection, and code implementation delivering
product designs that are optimized for high volume consumer products.
Firmware Engineers work with electrical engineers, system engineers,
architects and software engineers to determine the core firmware strategy for
our product roadmaps.
- Minimum BS in Computer/Software Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience contributing to the embedded firmware
- development for products in the consumer PC or consumer electronics
- C lang development experience ( C++ and other higher level languages as well as host level application programming a plus).
- Proven Embedded FW architecture skills showing a deep understanding of
- embedded systems, 8-32 bit microprocessors, IO's, I2C/SPI and other
- interconnect buses.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for modern-day multiprocessor
- systems (able to write/debug code, use HW level code debuggers and
- diagnostics tools).
- Ability to use hardware debugging tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG, Flash emulators, ICE, etc. during the firmware development process.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express
- technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Able to scale conversations from block diagrams to C/asm level code explanations.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a
- rapidly evolving environment.
- The ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts across multiple
- disciplines is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Experience in the development of PC based drivers and interface
- applications/scripting etc.
- Experience working with development partners in bringing high volume consumer electronics devices to the market.
- Experience working with Asian high volume manufacturers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.