Audio Software Engineer – Gears of War – The Coalition
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible.
As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of audio enthusiasts striving for immersive, award-winning audio in our titles. We would like someone with a great understanding of sound, who can communicate sound ideas and translate them to audio systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.
- Works to empower the audio team with tools and pipelines to materialize their creative vision
- Works with various teams to gather requirements and develop audio features
- Works closely with core engine team to ensure runtime audio is performant
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ in game or audio software
- At least 1+ years experience in developing tools, pipelines, and custom plugins
- Collaborated with engineers and artists to design and implement game features
- Worked on indie games or open-source projects
- BSc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with version control systems
- Ability to problem solve independently in new and existing systems or technologies
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with engineers and artists
- Working knowledge of data structures, design patterns and algorithm complexity
- Good math foundation and working knowledge of vector algebra
- Experience with UE4 and Wwise or equivalent middleware
- Hobbies in music or sound design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.