Senior Gameplay Engineer
The Initiative is the development team rebooting Perfect Dark. Our studio, headquartered in Santa Monica and fully distributed, is part of Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios. We obsess about craft, storytelling, innovation, and above all our players.
We are passionate people who are redefining game development and creating awe-inspiring games for our players. We want amazing people who will help us shape our culture, create a work environment everyone loves, and make amazing games.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering for the studio, you will create new types of gameplay to delight our players. You will work with an accomplished band of artists, designers, engineers, and producers to help them do the same. Your work will help refine the vision for our games and bring that vision to life. Most of all, you will be a part of the rebirth of a beloved game franchise, Perfect Dark!
- Solve challenging problems within the performance constraints of real-time gameplay
- Build performant code on the target platforms based on game design needs
- Ship robust code and help other gameplay team members do the same
- Support and mentor team members on engineering gameplay systems
- Research and adopt new techniques to give players exhilarating new gameplay
- Learn through iteration, experimentation, and testing
- Help build a studio culture of constant improvement and collaboration
- 5+ years of game engineering experience
- 3+ years game programming, debugging, and optimization experience in Gameplay
- C++ software engineering experience
- Trigonometry and linear algebra expertise
What we use and teach
- Unreal Engine 5
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.