Sr. Learning Designer/Learning Design Manager
- Department Description
- Slack’s Learning Services team is responsible for enabling our customers and partners to drive business transformation through mature usage of Slack. Alongside our broader Success Services team, we work with some of Slack’s largest enterprise customers and consulting partners to drive meaningful, mature usage of Slack. Our team includes customized learning consulting, scalable programs such as our Slack Certified and Slack Skills credentials, and creative learning designers who design experiences for these channels.
- As a team, we’re not just focused on features or software training. We’re focused on connecting our software’s capabilities with human performance, leading to business outcomes. We do this by using proven learning techniques that drive behavior change and retention.
- Role Description:
- Can you make learning interesting and exciting? Can you meet the learning needs of enterprise customers in empathetic and creative ways? Are you an organized learning professional who thrives when crafting and developing learning? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
- Slack is looking for a Learning Design Consultant to work closely with our professional services team, with a focus on enterprise clients. For this role, we’re looking for a creative and polished learning experience designer with experience ideating, designing, and developing content. Your goal is to accelerate the adoption of Slack by ensuring that our customers of various sizes and industries can take advantage of the benefits provided by Slack, through high-touch or scalable delivery.
- You’ll play a meaningful role in designing and developing compelling self-serve and customizable content across a broad range of users, teams, and geographies through formats such as virtual instructor-led training, self-paced e-learning, video job aids, certification learning paths, assessments, and train the trainer programs.
- Your Impact
- Curate and create reusable content for customer onboarding, learning paths, and certifications
- Design and develop written, video, and interactive content for self-service and instructor-led, tailored delivery
- Identify and fill gaps in our content and learning materials
- Deeply empathize with the challenge our enterprise customers face to turn those challenges into opportunities for delightful education
- Use brain-friendly instructional strategies to create content
- Test early and often, with a bias toward action and learning
- Continuously improve existing training content
- Learning Design Consultant: Executes in the development of individual courses and/or supports in building deliverables on larger projects.
- Sr. Learning Design Consultant: Leads in the development of moderately complex learning design projects by managing multiple work streams. Manages project timeline, communications and milestones.
- Learning Design Manager: Manages high complexity learning design projects and oversees multiple work streams with the project team. Responsible for driving program-level outcomes and manages stakeholder and cross-functional relationships. Experience in designing for a variety of audiences including large corporate customers.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Learning Design Consultant: 3+ years of experience designing learning for corporate or customer audiences
- Sr. Learning Design Consultant: 5+ years of experience designing learning for corporate or customer audiences
- Learning Design Manager: 8+ years of experience designing learning for corporate or customer audiences
- Preferred Qualifications
- You have experience designing and developing learning solutions, ideally for enterprise customers
- You’re confident, and you easily build relationships with stakeholders.
- You’re a strong and exacting instructional designer. You know which protocols to use to ensure that people learn effectively.
- You are also a discerning editor. You know exactly how to make a learning experience clear and concise.
- You’re comfortable with instructional design methodologies and familiar with common tools for design, authoring, and video creation.
- You look at problems sideways: You’re constantly on the lookout for new ways to deliver education to our customers and can speak to examples of product education experiences that you find particularly compelling, and why.
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are dedicated in sharing knowledge with others.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $83,200. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.