Technical Architect - Slack Cloud
Products and Technology
- At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack's platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experience for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
- Technical Architects are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. They are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical/engineering background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security. They are also responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, Technical Architects also build and develop client applications or bots as part of professional services.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about building the foundational components and infrastructure of developing on Slack as Slack launches the next generation of the Slack platform; a series of features and improvements aimed at making it faster and easier to develop applications that automate work.
- We are a small team making a large impact. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering to ensure we build resilient applications / bots / systems that can scale. We have a strong commitment to quality and understand that simplicity and reliability should be primary aspects of the systems that we build and deliver to our customers. We are daring, empathetic, independent, and pragmatic.
- What you will be doing
- You facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan
- You assist in secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance and technical requirements.
- You remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution.
- You ensure flawless integration with other systems and apps, including identity
- management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal
- Participate occasionally in the sales cycle to support prospect customer engagements
- and assist with scoping work effort for complex endeavors.
- You present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide
- array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, Technical
- Architects and executives.
- Drive technical methodology improvement projects internally to help operationalize key
- You'll do the best work of your life, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home
- on time.
- What you should have
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and sophisticated technical concepts.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, operating system, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development,
- Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Extensive experience building large scale systems
- A strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence:
- unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows.
- Curiosity about how things work and when things break you are eager and able to help
- fix them.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.