Senior Operations Manager, Xbox Game Studios Publishing
The Xbox Game Studios Publishing team responsible for the recently released Microsoft Flight Simulator, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and Tell Me Why is seeking a Senior Program Manager to provide operational support across the studio.
We see this role as the connective tissue across our team to create and evolve centralized processes and drive organizational alignment. An ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, a strong executor and has a flexible approach to working with a variety of teams and people. This role reports to the Chief of Staff and will work with other central team members as well as product leadership across the Publishing team.
- Partner with studio leadership to develop and execute planning processes to create organizational alignment and efficiency across our product teams
- Define, document, and ensure adoption of centralized processes; continue to evolve and scale over time
- Facilitate our internal recruitment centrally; work with the hiring managers and recruiting to track, report out and create consistency
- Drive our onboarding experience working with hiring managers and our admin team to ensure a fantastic early experience for our new hires
- Manage studio relationships with partner teams across Microsoft and Xbox; work in conjunction with product team leadership to keep an active directory of key teams and people
- Establish synchronicity and alignment in our planning across our product teams when working with partner teams across Xbox; examples include Studios Quality, Localization, etc.
- Create a system to track dev kits and equipment; establish a process to forecast future needs
- Coordinate central meetings; ensure agendas are in place, create action plans and manage follow-up
- Improve access and ease of search for centralized documentation; audit and constantly update central Teams sites and repositories to keep data relevant
- Take on special projects when necessary to improve overall efficiency, cohesion, and clarity for the group
- Help to manage the Publishing team’s Rhythm of Business (RoB)
- 6+ years in Program Management, Operations, Game Production or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with a myriad of roles and experience levels across the team
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle multiple workstreams and prioritize
- Ability to identify, execute and resolve tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable working with remote teams
- Experience collaborating with geographically dispersed teams in a remote/hybrid environment
- Positive and upbeat attitude, desire to drive a strong optimistic culture throughout the team
- Enthusiastic about working centrally to support product teams
- Passion for the gaming industry and Xbox!
- Bachelor's Degree in Program Management Operations, Game Production or similar degree
- Previous gaming industry experience a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.