Software Engineering Intern
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!Job Description:
This opening is for a three to four month paid internship/co-op on our Engineering team. We are looking for smart engineers passionate about building software and solving hard problems. Our Engineering Team values problem-solving, collaboration, constant learning, and curiosity about how things work. We hire engineers who want to be better at their job today than they were yesterday. With a strong focus on ownership, learning, and development, Honey is the ideal place to grow your career and make an impact on products that are used by millions.
About The Role:
Internship opportunities are available on several teams within our engineering organization. As an intern, you will help with several new releases and play a hands-on role in making Honey even better. You will get to work with a diverse group of people to create solutions at scale, delivering high reliability, and an exceptional user experience using the latest technology. We primarily use Node.js, Python, Scala, and Go, depending on which team you join. We run a microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with experienced engineers for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the winter.
What You'll Do:
- Work within one of our mission teams (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Apply your knowledge to real-world challenges
- Learn new coding languages specific to your team
- Work directly with and be mentored by engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers in an open, creative environment
- Participate in lunch n' learns, workshops, educational and social events, tailored for our interns
- You believe in actively tackling new challenges and view ambiguity as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are eager to learn. Technology is ever-changing, and you are always working to level-up your skills and acquire new ones.
- You understand that while technology is important, it needs to work in tandem with other aspects of the company and teams to be successful.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. At Honey, we think big and move fast.
- You have solid algorithm skills.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Experience working with consumer-facing applications
- MySQL experience
- You are a Honey user
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.Subsidiary:
Remote Canada, Ontario, Canada
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.