Senior Practice Manager, AWS ProServe Canada
At AWS, we are looking for a Senior Practice Manager for our Central Canada territory. You will lead a team focused on building relationships and successfully helping our enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects and solutions. Our projects often involve IT strategy, architecture, hybrid cloud operations, as well as advisory services.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about driving value and success for our Customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Engage customers - in collaboration with our enterprise sales managers you will strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in a geographic territory, driving AWS adoption in key markets and accounts.
- Sell consulting engagements, proving the value of AWS services to support new computing models.
- Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Deliver value - lead quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial sector.
- Lead great people - attract performing professional services business leaders, as well as consulting IT architecture talent. You will build performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed
Key job responsibilities
Lead a team of Customer Relationship Managers
Hire and develop a high performing team
Build strong customer relationships
Provide AWS solutions for customer business outcomes
Maintain a strong sales culture and alignment with internal and external partners
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; computer science or math background preferred
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 20 or more years of progressive technology experience
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed, approximately 30% travel
- 5+ years of consulting practice leadership as a Manager with a team size of 30 or more and P&L responsibility
- Outstanding customer relationship management, sales, delivery experience and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
- Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & architecture
- Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
- Sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
- Experience with of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Business experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
- Use of AWS services in environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History